About Your Bill
- Access Residential 1 Pty (R1)—Smithville’s local service charge to recover costs incurred for the provisioning of local telephone service.
- Interstate Access—Federal Communications Commission (FCC) mandated charge to help recover costs incurred for construction and maintaining local telephone networks used for interstate purposes. Assessed by all telephone companies nationally.
- Intrastate Access—Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) mandated charge to help recover costs incurred for construction and maintaining local telephone networks used for intrastate purposes. Assessed by all telephone companies in Indiana.
- Federal Universal Service Fee (FUSC)—FCC established the Universal Service Fund program to help keep telephone service rates affordable for all customers in the United States..especially in high cost areas. This charge is assessed to all customers nationally, and is calculated by multiplying the FCC’s universal service contribution factor times the customer’s interstate service charges.
- Indiana Universal Service Fee (IUSC)—The purpose is to encourage all households whether in a remote area or in a large city to obtain and maintain telephone service and to have access to comparable services at comparable prices. This increases the public switched telephone networks value and usefulness for everyone.
- Dual Party Relay—Indiana Telephone Relay Access Corporation (InTRAC) is a not-for-profit corporation established to provide telephone relay service for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech impaired. This surcharge is assessed on each telephone line in Indiana and is remitted monthly to InTRAC.
We charge one month in advance for services. The 1st bill includes one full month of service including applicable charges and taxes plus any proration for starting services in the beginning, middle or end of the bill cycle. The 1st bill will also include any one-time installation or account activity fees if applicable.
Any change to an account will put the 1st bill after the change into proration for adding or removing a service in the beginning, middle or end of the bill cycle plus the one full month of service with applicable fees & taxes.
A. The Bill Header Section is a quick way to look at your previous and current bill amount along with any payments or adjustments that had occurred in the past period.
B. Your summary for each type of service and charge associated will display in the Bill At A Glance column.
C. The Message Center is a good location to check for important notices from Smithville.
D. Please tear off the Remittance Stub and include with your payment. Please do not attach the payment to the stub.
E. The Monthly Usage section of the bill can be used to further explain the charges associated with each service. Charges will be itemized for each type of service.
F. On each of the pages you will notice the subscriber account information in the upper right hand corner of the statement. Please ensure that this information is correct.
Download a PDF of “How to Read Your Bill”
If you have any questions about your bill, please contact us.
Pay Your Bill Online or via Your Smart Device – Powered by SmartHub
Our Mobile Apps are native Applications that can be downloaded and installed on your compatible mobile phone or tablet device. The Web version is internet accessible from any web enabled device. Both the Apps and the Web version give you secure access to maintain your account information, view your bills, see payment history, make payments on one or more accounts, set up recurring payments and report outages. They also allow you to monitor and manage your usage by use of graphics and usage markers. The Apps allow you to find and get directions to office locations, payment drop boxes and payment kiosks using the map feature on your device.
The Web version allows you to register your accounts to receive notifications for account milestones, such as an approaching or a missed due date. It also allows you to set usage markers (date range or point in time) to monitor the changes in usage based on events. The Web has a Profile page available for you to maintain your personal information, password, security pass phrase and stored payment methods.
Our Apps are supported on the following platforms:
IOS 3.1 and above (iPhone and/or iPad)
Android 2.1 and above (Smartphones or tablets)
Yes! All critical information is encrypted in every transaction run and no personal information is stored on your mobile device. Mobile devices do offer you the ability to store your login information for Apps installed on the device. If you choose to store your login information, any person who has access to your mobile device can access your account.
Simply look for our name in the Apple Store® or in the Android® Market.
Search: SmartHub (not case sensitive but must be all one word), if duplicates appear the correct App is provided by our partner, National Information Solutions Cooperative.
No. Our App is free to download and install.
No. You can take advantage of all of the features of SmartHub and continue to pay your bill as you currently do.
Yes. The Web home page shows all of your accounts with the amounts due and hyperlinks to other detailed information. On the App, tap the Bill and Pay icon. The total due of all accounts shows and below it you can select different information by account, such as partial payment option, billing history and payment history.
Web: To pay the total amount owed on all accounts, click the Pay Now button in the upper right corner of the screen or the Make Payment button on the home page. You can also make a payment to a single account or partial payments to all accounts by clicking on the Billing & Payments button. It will allow you to check the accounts to be paid and change the amount for each account by clicking on Other Amount. After entering the amounts to be paid click the Pay Now button.
App: Tap the Bill & Pay gadget. If paying the total amount due, tap the Pay button. If paying a partial payment, tap the Pay Partial Amount, tap on the account and adjust the Pay Amount.
The information you see in the App and in the Web is shown in real-time, so it’s always accurate. However, if you keep your App or the Web version open for an extended period of time, you should refresh the page by selecting a new option in order to ensure the information is still current.
You must log into the Web and click on Notifications. Select preferred notification method (Text, Mobile Push, Email or Phone) and fill out the appropriate notification information based on your selection. Click Next to continue, verify the notification parameters and confirm. If you have multiple accounts, while you are setting the notification it will prompt you to indicate which account the notification is for.
Even though you may be running Internet Explorer 8 or later, some of your websites could be displayed in version 7 compatibility mode. To check this, open Internet Explorer, select Page, and click Compatibility View Settings. Any websites that are listed will display in version 7 compatibility mode. Remove the SmartHub web site from this list.
Yes. All financial information stored in eBill will be available in SmartHub.
Where to Pay Your Bill
Other Billing FAQs
If you have been a Smithville customer at your location and now want to reinstate your service, the entire process should take 3-5 days from request – possibly faster. Sometimes the new connection is handled straight from our central office and simply requires an electronic command. Either way, we do it right the first time.
Sometimes new construction is required: with the new fiber rings of digital services we are building, you may be asking for a service that’s in process or needing wiring in and through your home or business. Our engineering department has up-to-the-moment records that allow us to carefully provide you a firm estimation of the time anticipated for installation. We don’t believe in the calculation of..”what if and maybe so.” Most often new construction takes 7-14 business days from your request. Sounds like record time? We always try to break down the barriers.
Your service bill following origination will include the following, we want no surprises because we know how important budget is these days: You are charged one month in advance along with your install fee. We make these fees as little as is possible. Your bill reflects a cost that begins the day your service is turned on- not a day before.
Smithville is a carrier of voice, data, video, and wireless services and often looks like a mega carrier yet small and easy to find and talk to. We’re always flattered when we’re asked this question.
Right now our service will only be within designated service territories within the state of Indiana. We may consider expanding these calling areas if the demand is there. Who knows – keep asking us to be where you’re moving!
Yes. We employ an automated calling system for two calls:
• “Recent Payment” Processing Issue — Customers who use their credit or debit card to pay their monthly bill may have a processing issue ranging from an incorrect card number, expiration date, or any other related account issue. The call directs you to contact our Customer Service department for resolution. The script is: “Hello, this is an important message from Smithville regarding your recent payment. Please contact our Customer Service at your earliest convenience at 1-800-742-4084. Thank You.”
• “Suspend Day” Notification — A few days prior to a customer’s suspension of service due to non-payment, we will send an automated call with a warning notification. The call directs you to contact our Customer Service Department or log into their online account for resolution. The script is: “Please stop and listen for an important message from Smithville (system pauses for a few seconds) Hello, to avoid a service interruption of your Smithville services, contact our office immediately at 1-800-742-4084 and speak with a Customer Service Representative, or log in to your Smithville account at www.smithville.com forward slash account. Thank you for choosing Smithville.”
If you receive a different message than the two listed above, please let us know.