5 Tips for Telehealth
Thanks to USTelecom for these helpful tips:
As communities work to support the healthcare system during the COVID-19 pandemic, broadband-powered telehealth helps ensure the doctor is always in.
- Coverage Expanding:
- Medicare has lifted restrictions on telehealth coverage and medical professionals across the country are expanding their offerings.
- Be Tech Ready:
- Testing your webcam and other equipment, closing unnecessary programs on your computer and using a wired broadband connection can help improve visits.
- Virtual Triage:
- With hospitals overloaded, telehealth plays a vital role in triage–providing guidance on when to recover at home and when to seek in-person care.
- Experiencing potential symptoms? IU Health is offering free online screening 24/7.
- Online Rx Refills:
- The CDC recommends talking to your doctor or pharmacist about creating an emergency supply of prescription medications during a pandemic.
- Many providers are waiving refill limits, and major pharmacy chains are offering free prescription delivery in support of social distancing.
- Connected Resources for Health Care Professionals:
- Cisco tutorial on transitioning to virtual health care
- Twilio artificial intelligence chatbot helps answer common COVID-19 questions
- Online CDC COVID-19 FAQ for the medical community
We hope these resources are helpful and we’re here to help support your connectivity needs. We’re in this together.