From common household hazards to dangerous situations like smoke and carbon monoxide, our homes are full of potential pet safety risks. Whether you are home or away from home, Smart Home Security from Smithville can help you watch over the well being of your furry friends.
Here are five ways Smart Home Security is helping minimize common pet safety issues and allowing homeowners to keep an eye on their furry friends.
- Fire and Carbon Monoxide: The National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) estimates nearly 500,000 pets are affected by home fires each year with over 1,000 fires started accidently by pets. While common household smoke and carbon monoxide detectors provide some level of early detection, they do little to help keep pets safe while homeowners are away. With Smithville Smart Home Security, you’ll receive an alert the instant a fire or carbon monoxide threat is detected giving first responders time to save your home, family, and pets.
- Excessive Temperatures: We all know that we shouldn’t leave our pets in a hot car…but few people consider how the temperature of our homes affects our pets. Even when you are away from home, Smart Home Security will keep track of the temperature and notify you if things get too hot or too cold. You can even adjust the thermostat remotely, so your home is always at a comfortable temperature.
- Dangerous Foods and Chemicals: It’s important to always keep harmful food and chemicals out of reach of pets, but sometimes accidents happen. Smart Home Security can notify you when an “off limits” area, such as a medicine cabinet, pantry, or laundry room is entered giving you time to intervene before your pet ingests something harmful.
- Home Break-Ins: We often think of our pets (especially dogs) as protectors of our property. While pets can help deter some criminal behavior, home invaders often resort to violence when threated putting pets at an increased risk of injury. In some cases, certain breeds are considered more valuable than others and carry a higher risk of pet theft. Smart Home Security offers 24/7 professional security monitoring with instant alerts so you and first responders can act quickly to home break-ins threats.
- Pet Well Being: While you are away, Smart Home Security and our HD cameras allow you to keep an eye on your pets all from our convenient app. Our indoor HD cameras offer two-way voice allowing you to listen and speak to your pet through your app. Even when you are on the go, Smart Home Security offers you peace of mind that your home, family, and pets are safe, comfortable, and under control.
Contact a Smithville Smart Home Pro for additional tips on keeping your home safe, comfortable, and under control.