- Acceptable Use Policy
- Backup Power Disclosure
- Best Effort SLA
- Copper Retirement Notice
- Copyright Infringement
- DSL Modem Agreement
- Enterprise SLA
- High Risk Call Blocking
- Lifeline Guidelines
- Network Abuse
- Protection Plan Agreement
- Smithville Internet Transparency Policy
- Statement of Non-discrimination
- Video Submission Policy
- Wholesale Broadband Terms and Conditions
- Wholesale Fiber Terms and Conditions
As a customer of Smithville Communications and/or Smithville Telecom (dba Smithville Fiber and henceforth referred to as Smithville Fiber), the FCC has determined that you have a legal right to control certain proprietary information contained in your account. This information is called Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). Under the law, we have a duty to protect this information and communicate its collection methods, utilization, and the disclosure possibilities to you. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, even if you are not a current Smithville customer.
Summary of this privacy notice
This privacy notice applies to Smithville’s cable video, high-speed internet, phone service and communications, and home security services. It describes the limitations imposed on Smithville Fiber according to the Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984, which regulates how we collect and disclose personal information, the personal information we are allowed to collect, how we utilize this information, when and how we may disclose that information, how you can change your preferences including opting out of communications, and your rights under law.
How We Collect Your Information
In order for Smithville Fiber to provide exceptional telecommunication service(s) to you, we keep pertinent business records containing information about you which includes personal information. These account records could include the following information:
- service address and/or location;
- billing address;
- driver’s license number;
- social security number;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- billing and payment history;
- bank account number;
- credit card number
- communications records;
- maintenance information;
- the device identifiers and/or network addresses for equipment in use; and
- service contracts.
How We Use Your Information
We collect, maintain, and use personal information and CPNI as permitted by the Cable Act and the Communications Act and other applicable laws. (CPNI is information contained within your account records that may reveal who, when, where or how a customer uses their phone, internet, or cable. It also includes any information on the customer’s bill revealing what services or toll service the customer currently uses.) We use this information to best serve you through Smithville Fiber, including:
- Providing and connecting services;
- Submitting bills and invoices;
- Answering your questions and offering technical support;
- Communicating service changes, outages, and updates to services;
- Providing pertinent targeted offers through marketing, which may be of interest to you; and
- Assisting in the investigation and prosecuting of illegal activities and fraud.
We may share your information, including:
- With other Smithville Fiber entities to best serve your needs;
- When you become a customer, we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies necessary to process your transaction and authorize service;
- With our third-party service providers, including 911;
- To comply with court orders and the legal process; and
- To obtain payment, including through third-party collection firms.
Disclosure of Your Information
Smithville Fiber considers the personal information contained in our business records to be confidential. However, we may disclose personal information that you provide to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates under the Smithville Fiber brand(s); including operations, marketing, and administration;
- Billing and collection agencies;
- Maintenance and installation service; and
- Fraud detection services.
Smithville Fiber maintains personal information about you while you are a customer of our cable service, telephone, internet, security, or other services. We keep this information until it is no longer needed for business, tax or legal purposes.
We do not sell our customer data to any third party for the purpose of marketing products.
We have implemented industry-standard practices to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, or disclose personal information.
Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984
According to section 631 of the federal Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984, (the “Cable Act”), Smithville Fiber is bound by the Cable Act concerning the collection and dissemination of information collected on each customer. This includes:
- the limitations upon cable operators concerning the assembly and use of subscriber’s personal information;
- the personal information we collect and use;
- to whom and why we might disclose personal information;
- the length of time we hold personal information; and
- how customers might access this information.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
As a telecommunications company, Smithville collects and maintains information known as Customer Proprietary Network Information, or CPNI for short. CPNI includes information such as:
- Information which relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, and amount of use of a telecommunications service subscribed to by any customer; and
- Information contained in the bills pertaining to telephone exchange service or telephone toll service received by a customer of a carrier.
In plain language, CPNI is information contained within your account records that may reveal who, when, where or how a customer uses their phone, internet, or cable. It also includes any information on the customer’s bill revealing what services or toll service the customer currently uses.
If you are a customer of our phone and internet services, you have the right, and Smithville has a duty, under the Communications Act and applicable state law, to protect the confidentiality of CPNI. In addition, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) provides additional privacy protections specific to our phone services.
Smithville strives to achieve excellent customer experience. Nevertheless, the FCC does not allow phone carriers to disclose CPNI information to residential customers during customer-initiated phone calls unless the customer authenticates themselves with a previously established password for the account. Different rules may apply to Smithville Business Advantage and Enterprise customers.
Smithville strives for transparency with its customers. This notice, which includes our CPNI Policy, describes what CPNI information we obtain, how we protect it, and how it may be used.
The Communications Act prohibits us from using CPNI for any purposes except as permitted or required by law or with your approval.
More detailed information is available at www.fcc.gov.
Customer Proprietary Network Information Notice / Opt-Out Form
Contact Preferences and Opt-Out Choices
Smithville Fiber utilizes email as an effective way to communicate with our customers, in an ecologically sound way. We may send welcome messages as well as service-related messages, including price changes, service appointments, product updates, and/or changes in features. These messages are important for continued service so you may not opt out of these service-related emails.
We reserve the right to send you promotional e-mails as permitted by applicable law. To opt out of receiving promotional or marketing e-mails from Smithville Fiber, you may:
- Easily use the unsubscribe link in the footer of any e-mail sent by Smithville Fiber.
- Unsubscribe by signing into your account on smithville.com and indicating your opt-out preference within your account preferences.
Direct Mail or Telemarketing
To opt out of receiving direct mail or telemarketing calls from Smithville Fiber, contact us at:
Smithville Communications, Inc.
Attn: Opt-Out and/or Preferences
PO Box 6455
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6455
If you choose to write to us, please include your name, address, and phone number and select one of the following options:
- “NO PHONE OFFERS” (if you don’t want to receive offers by phone)
- “NO MAIL OFFERS” (if you don’t want to receive offers by mail); or
- “NO PHONE OR MAIL OFFERS” (if you don’t want to receive either)
Note: Because mailings are often prepared well in advance (12-16 weeks, in many cases) you may continue to receive some offers after you send us your request.
We don’t knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 (for example: name, address, social security number, email address) unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. Any online contests, sweepstakes, or mobile access is therefore restricted to entrants who are 13 years or older.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us at:
Smithville Communications, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Notification
PO Box 6455
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6455
Your access of and use of our website means you agree to the terms in this Notice of Privacy Practices and our Legal Notice.